Etsy Shop

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hometown Thanksgiving


Our town has a parade Thanksgiving Eve.  The big Thanksgiving game is their Homecoming game.  There is a bonfire that follows.  It brings back a lot of memories of going to the parade in High School.  I can't believe it is my children's last parade.  I am so proud of my son.  He is the drum major.  He is the one in the white pants.  It is amazing and exciting to see him leading the band.  I can't really put into words what I'm feeling.  One thing I do know, I am so glad to have time to really enjoy this.  I have baked a pumpkin pie, chocolate pecan pie, two batches of shortbread and put a broccoli casserole in the fridge.  This is a nice pace compared to working and trying to fit all this in.   Anyway, a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. 

2 comments:

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Pam @ Frippery said...

Geralyn, It's nice to hear that you are enjoying your "free" time. How exciting for your son to lead his band in the parade, (and a little sad that it is another last time) I loved your daughter's collage. Very creative, were those Tootsie Roll wrappers I spied? Too cool. Take care, Pam