Etsy Shop

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Momma gonna make some shortbread shortbread


     This my husband's mother's recipe for shortbread:


Kay's Shortbread


1 cup soft butter
2/3 cup super fine deluxe sugar
2 1/2 cup sifted flour


In a bowl cream the butter and gradually add sugar until the sugar is disolved.
Work in flour gradually until mixture is crumbly.  Divide mixture into 2 8x8x2
cake or pie pans.  Pat down firmly.  Flute the edges with a fork and divide each
pan into 16 wedges with a knife.  Bake at 300' for 45 minutes or until golden
brown.  Recut wedges and let cool in pan.

    This is a great tradition in our house.   Glen made the batch pictured.  I have to
make some more for tonight's holiday chorus concert.  Our favorite tradition is to
fill a tin of shortbread.  We all jump into the car.  Crank up the Christmas music
on the radio.  Sing along and look at the Christmas lights and pass around the 
shortbread.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hi!
I love your blog header...right off the bat! And I love shortbread...think I'll stick around and have some fun! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice commnet! Makes my Friday a good one!
Merry Christmas! *Heidi*