Etsy Shop

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Philadelph Big Band

Ian has joined and played in a couple of Jazz Ensembles at UArts and we are so proud of him.  But, this all takes the cake.  Ian asked where is the Christmas ensemble?????.....answer there isn't any.  Ian is surprised and asks can he start a band.  The school says yes, but they can't fund it at all.  So Ian puts up signs and gets 17 band members very quickly and has to sadly turn some away.  A week later they are recording some demos and a week after that they have a date to play at City Hall at the Christmas Market.  Last week Ian's sister Kaylyn designs the logo.  And, this week I use supplies from Paper Source to design a CD holder for Christmas gifts.  I used our red and black enclosure cards and our big round labels.  I love how it all came together so quickly.  The band sounds great and I have been sharing sound bites on facebook.  When I figure out how to share on my blog I will.  Hopefully it will be a video from the Christmas Market at City Hall in Philadelphia!

3 comments:

zandra said...

Gotta love that name! ;o) Congrats, to Ian and Kaylan did an awesome job with the logo! See you Friday. Hugz, Z

Anonymous said...

Great Geralyn! Please let us know the date of the performance. My family and I went down there last year. I wasn't real impressed with the market but would love to try to get there to hear your son. Plus even though I was disappointed about the market place I LOVE Philly especially at Christmas!

Celestial Charms said...

Congratulations to all of you. It is wonderful that you all have gotten involved in this as a family. How exciting!
Maureen