Etsy Shop

Monday, May 2, 2011

Best night ever........God Bless America!!!!

I feel so blessed tonight......Last night we spent our first night at our store. I had a conservation with my mom on Easter how bagpipes have always played at milestones in Glen's and my life together. We opened our store yesterday and the roller derby was last night.....there were bagpipers and I could hear them....but, then they came to the lobby and played Amazing Grace.........I feel blessed. Tonight we left the store I knew there was a fundraiser for Kevin Kavanaugh.....he is in a coma...he played at Kaylyn and Ian's Christening.......I just learned this year he played with Southside and the Jukes. I really want to go.....but, learn it is sold out.......I emailed......I went at noon.......sold out.....So tonight we close the store.....walk by Wonder Bar.....it's not that crowded.....what the heck....I ask.....can we still get tickets......several people ask if there are tickets......just so happens they can sell 3 tickets and there are 3 of us........we are in......first of all the band who played my Senior Prom play.........then Southside and Bobby Bandiera come out.........they sing the best version of Talk to Me........Gary US Bonds is also singing........then they sing We're Having a Party.......then the announcement....................Bin Laden is dead.................the music stops and then Obama on every tv with surround sound.......jubilation..........God Bless America.....I can not say I never lost faith.....but, I feel complete JOY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the spirit of the night reaches Kevin and he comes out of his coma!!!!!!!!! Faith Hope Love................I haven't felt it in a long time......so much appreciation for the brave of our Country..........Navy Seals.................you rock!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Amazing Grace on bagpipes and then the news that followed. What a feeling that must have been.
Hope to get down soon to see the new digs. Have to wait for Miss Laura to finish her world travels.