Etsy Shop

Sunday, May 6, 2012

London-Paris-Asbury Park

 Even though our day started at a funeral for my Aunt Ginny who lived to be 91 and was my Dad's Sister.....I don't want this to be a sad post.  We were able to see family we haven't seen in a long time.  We were able to celebrate the life of my Aunt.  She was remembered for always smiling......being a homemaker......a quilter......a church goer........a strong family member with maternal qualities that far reached her immediate family.......a traveler and a sharer through photographs and stories.  So, when we arrived back at the store our good friend who watched the store offered to take a picture. We were happy for the opportunity.  It was the first time someone other then family watched the store and I am truly happy our good friend  made it so easy for us to all attend together.
Kaylyn and I were able to escape in between the Rangers Game and Kentucky Derby to attend a book signing at Erica's shop Foolish Ginger(you can find her on facebook) in Asbury Park.  It was a mini Parisian escape with good shopping and Macarons!  We bought Kathryn Gordon's book:  Les Petits Macarons and sampled some of her little pastry treats.  She also signed her book and we were just so happy to have a macaron and have it right in Asbury Park.  You can find out more about Kathryn here.
    We ended the day at the Dauphin Grill.  I probably talked too much about family history.  My children will be 21 soon.  They learned a lot about their grandfather yesterday they never knew.  It was nice to have a table in the most beautiful surroundings.  Our table had a skylight with a chandelier right above.....almost like a window to the heavens.  It was a day I will remember in my heart always.

No comments: