Etsy Shop

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Greatest Gift of All

I am unpacking my car full of my daughter's studio.  As, I take each load inside I am feeling tired and weak.  Has four years really gone by?  I peek, then start to dig into what I am uncovering with each trip inside, with thoughts of where am I going to put it all.  I then decide to stop sweating, relax, gather some items and take a picture and write down my thoughts.  I never verbalized to my daughter what she has been working on has meant to me.  I don't know if anyone reading this can relate to this.  But, after I gave birth to my twins, I was in total awe.  I couldn't stop staring at them.  While I was still in the hospital the nurses would give me each of them to hold at the same time.  They had been fed and changed and would peacefully sleep.  I would look at one and then the other....back and forth.....back and forth.  One time my mom witnessed this and said I looked like I was watching a tennis match or a game of ping pong.  I remember thinking I couldn't help it.  I didn't want one to think I looked at one longer then the other meaning I never wanted one to think I loved one more.  All of these thoughts led to: this is just the beginning.  Am I going to feel like this forever?????  Yes, this still goes on now...if one asks for something that must mean the other one needs it too.  From, eyeglasses, braces, contacts, new bed, etc. etc. if one gets something so does the other.   But, to think my daughter made a wish come true of something that is so hard to comprehend.   She took pictures of her twin brother and overlapped them, so you look at them at the same time.  AMAZING!!!!  I have a feeling this weekend is going to be a blur, so I will wish all a wonderful weekend!

No comments: