Etsy Shop

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Curious?

I'mmmmmm   back!!!  I am taking my blog back as a place to write and share......not just about the business of Greetings from Geralyn....but, my life as I continue to search out what is the American Dream and achieve it successfully?  I will be sharing my thoughts on the pursuit of happiness in this ever changing world.  This picture ends up being my favorite picture I took last year.  It captures a day I ended up in New York City, by myself.  I went to the Stationery show at the Jacob Javits center where I was seeing what was new and exciting and ended up walking south through Greenwich Village and SoHo.  I came across this store and it answered all my questions.  Basically, this store told me to be myself. brand myself, have some kind of service available, have great fixturing, appeal to all of the senses upon entering the store, have something in the window to make you want to walk in, be colorful, have a continuity and flow in product choices, be friendly and inviting, be whimsical, well basically it was perfect in everything I want would want in a store.  As, I continued to walk I felt I would need a lot of money to make this happen.  But, as a store owner and listening to my customer I really felt confident I could do this with creativity and not a lot of money.  But, I still feel the environment of business, in general, is not ready to let the little guy win.  I still need a paycheck week to week to depend on and health insurance.  So, basically this is why we closed our location.  I still have the hope of having a place of my own again, it just won't be anytime soon.  Glen has basically come into his own as the maker of all the product and we think we can really take what he has started and bringing it  to different customers around the country.  We have an opportunity to sell his product in Arcade Radio, the store next to where our location was in Convention Hall.  This would allow us to see the country and enjoy music festivals and be able to do shows at the same time.  It will problably take about a year to start seeking out venues and opportunties before we actually start doing the shows. Our blog will be a great opportunity for you to share in our journey.   Looking forward and curious to see what is ahead for us.  Meanwhile, here is a great quote on curiousity:    I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
Eleanor Roosevelt  

4 comments:

gail said...

First of all, I LOVE the quote...and second I LOVE the photo. You will succeed in whatever you do and I look forward to seeing where your next journey takes you. I can relate because I too am forever seeking and planning. I look forward to spending time with you and picking each other's brains! XO

Geralyn Gray said...

Me too....so happy to have more free time! Happy to see you are taking some time off until March. Can't wait to take care of some things hanging over my head and freeing up some time for some fun and creative things! Elizabeth Gilbert calls it being a Hummingbird.....maybe we should form a Hummingbird society?

Zsa Zsa said...

“It is simply this: do not tire, never lose interest, never grow indifferent—lose your invaluable curiosity and you let yourself die. It's as simple as that.” ...I am excited for you!xoxo

Geralyn Gray said...

And you too! Glad you had a getaway! It's good to know when we do tire and to take care of ourselves to actually feel curious!