Etsy Shop

Friday, February 6, 2009

King of Trombones

This is a scene from Allaire State Park.  I drove through there each day for jury duty.  On the sixth day of serving jury duty the case was settled without the need of our services.  I was actually glad to serve,  I felt useful for the first time in a couple of months.  I also needed to get out  of the house and enjoyed having people to talk to and to hear their stories was interesting.
My son, Ian directing the warm up---what a thrill to see.  I thought of my dad and my father in law often.  They both loved jazz and big band music.  It's sad to think we can't share this with them.  I do think they were listening.....I hope that's what heaven is.  
     I always thought my son was talented, but last night he was king of trombones.  It's hard to see, but they played that song and the director placed Burger King crowns on all the trombone players--nice touch.  They played some really enjoyable music, of course some Disney to get ready for next week.  Next week at this time we'll be in sunny Florida to see them march in the Magic KIngdom and Universal.  I am telling you wishes come true.

5 comments:

Pam @ Frippery said...

How wonderful about your son and the band trip. That picture of the snow was absolutely gorgeous. Have fun in the sun. Pam

Maria said...

love all the snow. Looks so beauitul. Here in AZ we don't get scenes like that.

Celestial Charms said...

Oh, lovely news. Give your son our warmenst congratulations. And have a lovely time in sunny Florida. Geralyn, I have tagged you over at my blog, if your interested. Pop over to see the details.
Maureen

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Geralyn...could you please stop by my blog soon??????
:)

Marie Reed said...

I'm SURE that heavenly ears are tuned in and listening as Ian conducts! That is a dream come true to march through Disney... especially after seeing the snow photo!

So nice to meet you:) And you were in Paris! I wish that I had met you sooner. I would have toured you around!