Etsy Shop

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

As I make each one of these Marie Antionettes the last one I make becomes my new favorite.  I just downloaded the last one in my etsy shop making for a total of ten wall hangings.  My friend just told me she got her hands on the new Marie magazine by Somerset, so at least I will be savoring it soon.  I am enjoying visiting the Marie Blog parties on the side bar.  I will be featuring some Marie information later in the month.  I have a miserable cold right now and am just enjoying reading everyone elses posts and seeing the art work featured in the magazine.  I am so impressed with all the work I have seen already.  It really was an ornate time during history.  It was the height of glamour---nothing else has ever compared to their way of life.  I ended up taking 18th century literature in college and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  I love when art correlates with life.  The decorative arts at the time were a direct reflection of how life was for the rich at the time---lots of gold and glitter.  Not what I am all about, but I truly admire it.  

2 comments:

dragonflydreamer said...

I thought of you when I read about the magazine devoted to Marie. I'm sure your wall hangings are going to sell out fast. They are beautiful. I hope you feel better quickly.

Marie Reed said...

I forgot all about the blog party over at cupids charm! I'l have to pop on over:)