Etsy Shop

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Embracing turning 50

Embracing my inner Minnie Mouse

Making the most of every moment and trying to add a little fun in whenever possible.....
My husband gave me the best card for my fiftieth birthday.......
It said  Turning 50 means.......
looking back at the choices you've made.
the places you've been
and embracing the amazing person
they've helped you become-
it means wearing your confidence like a smile
and striding through your life-
regret-free, fearless, and purposeful
appreciating just how far you've traveled.
yet realizing the best of the best
is yet to come....
It means wrapping yourself in happiness
and celebrating every minute of being fifty
as if it were the best time of your life--
because it truly is!
It was the perfect card!!!!!  It made my day!!!!!  Most of the time I find it easy to blog....sometimes I can't find the right words...I am thankful to Hallmark and my husband Glen who gave me the right words for how I am feeling on my fiftieth birthday!!!!!
And as I am sitting here trying to decide if I continue blogging....my year anniversary is approaching in the blog world....do I continue......and I look at the back of the card and it says "Life is a book in which every year begins a new chapter."   MMMMmmm so this year was chapter one.....not the end.  So, I guess stayed tuned I am still blogging and apparently it is just the beginning and the best is yet to come---could it get any better than this!!!!!

8 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

Happy 50th Birthday, Geralyn. The sentiment in your husband's card to you was lovely and true. I wish you all the best, and will be happy if you continue your blogging. It is often such an extension of ourselves, and we all appreciate the time and dedication that goes into it.
Maureen

Linda said...

Happy 50th Birthday, Geralyn!!! ♥ I need to take those words to heart but it's a struggle for me. I'm turning 45 next month and am not enjoying my 40's at all. I don't like the way my body has changed, despite the fact that I walk 4 miles nearly every lunchtime. I feel dowdy for the first time in my life. My Mom is 79and she has never seemed happy with aging and perhaps that's where I've gotten this attitude. I don't know - I just know, I'm not happy.

It's encouraging for me when I see people like you, who still look so youthful and are having fun, but I wonder if I'll ever be this way because it's not really part of my more serious nature.

Thanks for all the things you share on your blog. I really, really enjoy it - I enjoy your fresh honesty.

Hope you have a blessed Birthday and a fantastic new year of life!
Linda ♥

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Happy Birthday plus 2 days!!!
That was a beautiful card girl...so sweet.
All I have to say is that I'm NOT going to let you stop blogging! You are one of my very first blog friends...I don't know what I'd do without you!!!!
Let's start this new chapter together okay???
everything vintage

Alison Gibbs said...

Happy 50th. What wonderful words. Blogland is a wonderful place where we can all share our thoughts, lives and creations
Alison

kana said...

Happy big *50*!! Please keep blogging, I would miss you!

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Geralyn and belated Happy Birthday! Enjoy being 50! I read your list from your last post and agree with(and remember) everything you listed. (I too am a peanut butter lover and have a little bit of it every day!) Age is only a number you know and if we can learn something new every day and see beautiful things and have people who love us...what more can we ask. Your husband's choice of cards was beautiful. I have been blogging for almost 2 years and while I don't do it every day, I treasure the friends I have made through it. I'm glad you are going to participate in the Swap for All Seasons. I think you'll have fun! By the way-I turned 60 in January and I'm proud of it! Have a great day! Joyce

Lisa Kettell said...

Geralyn you look 25 to me, so seriously 50 is the new 25 as far as I'm concerned. When I turn 40 I'm going with that sentiment.. LOL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
xoxox!

CathWren said...

Happy Belated 50th Geralyn! What a great place to work. I was just in Boston and had every intention of visiting Paper Source but time got away from me. I did get to Anthropologie, however. Who are these amazing creative geniuses?!

Thanks so much for sharing your travels. I am an adventurer too, and never tire of seeing and learning about new places. I hope I get to Philadelphia eventually.