Etsy Shop

Monday, October 19, 2009

Fun in Phillie

It was a cold and rainy day in the city.  But, it was Family Day.....so Ian and Kaylyn showed us the town....we were able to see where Ian is going to work.....great location right across the street from Anthropologie.......the red flags are buildings owned by the University of the Arts.  The city is their campus.....it's amazing.  Kaylyn will be working as a tour guide for the school.
They seem to be doing well, but it is mostly studio time that goes into their grade and they won't know how they are doing until the end of the semester.  We are going back again next week to see Ian in a Jazz Ensemble.

A corner of the Anthropologie store on Walnut Street in Philiadelphia
The staircase----4 floors of goodness
Ian playing in one of the many practice studios---the library was magnificent
Ian scooping out desert at Buca di Beppo
Hopefully my Mom will make it to Philadelphia for a visit and we will reserve the Pope room for dinner at Buca di Beppo.

4 comments:

zandra said...

Looks like you guys are really enjoying yourselves! That's great! Hugz, Z

Anonymous said...

Isn't The Buca the best! We have one about 30 mins. from me. I believe my hubby and son were at the one you went to when they were in center city not too long ago. I LOVE the city and worked for a little at U of A a while back before I had my oldest son....*cough sneeze* a long time ago. ;) Actually he's just turning 20 and I still have fond memories of working at such a cool place. I think I might have told you this before. lol Anyway, I need a city fix. This weekend my hubby and I are going to be at The World Cafe to see Blackmore's Night. Should be fun. Thanks for sharing your city adventures.

Linda said...

Cool photos! I love, LOVE Anthropologie!

So glad you're having a great time.

~Linda

Anonymous said...

What a neat place! Thanks for letting us tag along with ya~