Etsy Shop

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Coolest Place on Earth

I am not positive but I am pretty sure this is a Monet painting.....I am sitting in the seat on the left.  So the sculptures are lifesize replicas of the painting with a real lake to look like the painting.  Where Liz took the picture there is a sculpture of Monet painting the scene.  It just was so cool to both of us.
This is a picture I have in my dining room.  couldn't wait to get my picture taken with one of my most favorite paintings.  This one and the one below are Renoirs....I know that for sure.
This painting is in my dining room also.......this was so much fun to be part of this scene....I love it!!!!!!  
Isn't really amazing how the lake in the backround looks like the painting.......who knew this was even in New Jersey....I really felt like I was in Europe and regret never visiting here before.  After seeing pictures my husband expressed interest in a future visit....I would love that.  There are a lot of modern sculptures which were interesting in the landscape.  But, of course I was drawn to the impressionist painting sculptures.
     This is where we had lunch with our friend the peacock......we loved the carpet of leaves, too.
This birthday was special for me because I received a card from a good friend who I had not seen in a long time.  We went to Georgian Court College together and were both Art Majors.  While attending school we enjoyed visiting Museums together.  After graduation we went to Washington DC together to see all the Art Museums we could see.  We went to special exhibitions of Van Gogh (her favorite), Gauguin, Georgia O'Keefe, Degas and more I can't even remember.  Eight years had gone by where we hadn't spoken.   Her birthday card  had her cell number, her phone number and her email.....and said call me, text me whatever just contact me.  With work and all for me it is still hard to reach out so I emailed and then last week I asked if she would like to go to a Craft Show and Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton and she said yes!  I couldn't wait to see her and catch up.....it was such a great day.  My favorite quote of Liz:  This is great it is like Disney World for Artists!!!  It was a fabulous day, perfect weather, scrumptious food eaten next to a peacock, art everywhere, beautiful trees and landscape.  Even when it got a little chilly there was a little warming hut...( a building with a fireplace and octagon seating......just a perfect day with perfect company and a day I will not soon forget.

6 comments:

zandra said...

wow, looks really cool! Have a great Thanksgiving! Hugz, Z

Jen**SugaredSongbird** said...

Oooh, I love sculpture gardens-those are very unique with the historical fashions!
Thank you for your nice comment on my blog, I hope we both get to Silver Bella next year!

Celestial Charms said...

What a fabulous place to visit. Connecting with dear friends is always a thrill and surrounded by such beauty is an added bonus.
Geralyn, I hope you and your family have a fabulous and blessed Thanksgiving.
Maureen

Linda said...

This is soooo cool!! You know how I love to place myself within the art, as seen on my birthday blog and I've done that with another painting as well that I'll have to show you sometime on the blog. But this is even neater!! It's like stepping right into the artwork. How fun.

Hope you and yours have a most blessed Thanksgiving. :)
Linda

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

OMG...Hi Geralyn.
While blog hopping today I found your blog. I just had to sign up. I so love this wonderful post. What a wonderful place to spend a day. Just hob nobbing. I love it.

Your photos are just breath taking. I thank you so much for sharing with me today.

I have signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see what you share next. Please pop over and say hi. I would be so honored if you chose to follow my blog as well.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Pam @ Frippery said...

What an amazing place! Another reason to visit New Jersey! I have a whole list of them starting with you.