Etsy Shop

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vintage Fourth of July Party

I saw these air mail envelopes and bought them to use and then wondered----"do I have to send it air mail if I use them?"  So, then I just decided to make a banner with them....the ribbon circles are new embellishments designed by Nancy from Parcel for Jolee's and are available at Michaels.
The front says CELEBRATE......the reflection from the window made it a little blurry........Anyway our fourth of July is always spent in our hometown.  The town has fireworks over the beach and you can see them from a park nearby.....we used to bring the kids to the park with some of those red, white and blue rocket ice pops......we always fly our flag......and pretty much just enjoy our hometown.  If you hit on the button on the right....this is what is happening in the town my store is in........not too sure if you consider this whole store thing work or play......I can't decide myself.  Can't wait to see what you other party goers do for Fourth of July.......love blog hopping to celebrate a holiday!!!!!

17 comments:

anythinggoeshere said...

Your banner is just wonderful! Thank you so much for joining the party. xo Joan, your Vintage 4th of July hostess thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/

★Carol★ said...

I love your banner, and that's a clever idea to use the air mail envelopes! Why didn't I think of that? It sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th, especially watching the fireworks over the water!
Happy 4th!
Carol~~Old Glory Cottage

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a fabulous idea! Love it! I like what it says too. I just think this is such a clever idea! I adore banners.

Happy 4th!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Your banner turned out just great! What a cool idea to use the airmail envelops. Thank You for stopping by today. Have a great 4TH. Julian

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, it is so cute! What a clever way to use those envelopes! Hope you have a great 4th of July. laurie

Susanne said...

What a fun use for the envelopes! And I love the chenille cakes, yum-my!
Susanne.

Gracie's Cottage said...

Super idea for a banner....love it!

Happy 4th!

Jan

Linda said...

Remember the last time I saw a cute banner on your page - I had to re-create for daughter's graduation! :P Love your vintage 4th of July banner - it's adorable.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend,

Linda :)

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Great banner.... love it!!!
Daphne

Debbie~ said...

What a darling idea, the envelopes have always been a favorite of mine and you took them to their patriotic best, Looove it! Happy 4th.and thanks for sharing with us! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Nancy said...

It looks so cute, Geralyn. Can't wait to visit again.

Sarah said...

Darling idea to use the Air Mail envelopes for the banner. I'm going to remember this one!
Happy 4th of July! ~ Sarah

Diana P. said...

Great job on the banner! Lisa and I were talking the other day about how once we get through all the current craziness we want to get down there and visit your new store!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

LOVE your banner, what a great idea to use the air mail envelopes!

Best wishes for a HAPPY FOURTH!

-Tammy

zandra said...

Looks awesome! Teaching today, have a Happy 4th!
Hugz,
Z

KitB said...

Geralyn! I love your banner! Thank you for sharing and for the kind words about my Mom. Have a blessed and safe 4th!

Hugs,
Kit from Paperkitz

Kristal said...

What a great way to let the creative juices flow! Love the banner!

~*~ Happy 4th ~*~

~♥~
Kristal