Etsy Shop

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Remembering Steve Jobs

I opened my computer today to a little video by Mac in honor of Steve Jobs (love his quotes and foresight in computer technology).  Heard his quote from Wayne Gretsky saying he always looked where the puck was going and not back to where the puck has been.  It got me thinking....uh...oh!!!!
I had Kaylyn take this picture of me.  Hmmmmm my way of thinking lately is.....to get forward I am looking backwards.  I truly want what this country used to have.  I want Main Street America back!  At the same time I hugely appreciate the way Steve Jobs was able to combine the Arts with the technology all to have it available at our finger tips at any given moment.  I guess that is why I love what I am doing at the store so much.  It is the interaction of people with that same struggle.  They walk in the door......oh, now I know what I can do with my records.....or they say...I threw all my records away....or one of my favorites......so this is where my ex-wife took my record collection........we love our past especially when it comes to our relationship with records.  Most people do still have them in boxes and are delighted they have survived all these years.  Yesterday marked the 50th Anniversary of the release of the Beatle's single.....Love Me Do.  I also found a Steve Jobs quote with the Beatles mentioned to leave you with:  . "My model for business is the Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other's kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other, and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That's how I see business: Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people." ("60 Minutes," 2003).  True very true.  My team is a family of four, my customers, and my extended family and friends.  I am grateful to be able to live out a dream.....especially with the love and support from all of you.......thank you!

2 comments:

Beach House Living said...

I often wonder what stories things could tell.

It's not necessarily the records themselves it's the memories they invoke.

Pam @ Frippery said...

So true Geralyn. My your gratitude bring back many blessings. What a great team you have. hugs, Pam