Etsy Shop

Friday, December 12, 2008

Serene Scene


     I sat next to here to post yesterday.  Yes, it creates a nice relaxing atmosphere.  I can't believe Christmas is two weeks away.   Tonight I will try to sit in that nice relaxing
spot and get my Christmas Cards going.  I can't get my two children together to take a picture.  I wanted to use the homecoming picture, but I'm not too good making copies from my computer, and they have red eye.  After sending Christmas picture cards out for every Christmas for the last 17 years,  I wonder what I'll send out next year.
     The nativity set on my mantle is my most favorite Christmas decoration.  About 24 years ago my father in law had won the set in a raffle and he gave the set to me.  I was really touched that he gave it to me.  He passed away about 23 years ago.  It's hard to think about it.  He passed away shortly after Halloween and I remember getting out all the thank you notes was hard to do.  By the time I got to sending Christmas cards out I just couldn't do it.  I just felt like who was I to wish anyone a Merry Christmas this year---I felt so rotten and sad---which overtook the feeling of guilt.  It was the only year since I have been married I didn't send  out cards.

1 comment:

Pam @ Frippery said...

Christmas sure is a mix of happy and sad, but I hope mostly happiness for you. BTW Good luck to your daughter. Merry almost Christmas, Pam